Our local population has above average numbers of retirees and young families. We also have above average numbers of both high and low income earners.
Generally our community activities are run under the supervision of qualified people assisted by a team of volunteers. Volunteers who work with children are required by law to undergo a police check.
Join us for games, music and singing in a friendly welcoming group.
Every Thursday during school term between 9.30am and 11am
St Andrew’s Church Hall, Rye
What is Friday Club?:
- A drop in centre for anyone living with or recovering from mental illness
- No referral is required to join us, just come in to receive a warm welcome
- We can give information about the support services available and a member of Peninsula Support Services joins us each week
- The only drop in centre of this nature on this side of the Peninsula between Mornington and Portsea
- A safe place for social contact, integration with local community and refreshment
- Enjoy conversation, music, games, morning tea and a scrumptious lunch
- Enjoy outings every 6 weeks or so
- The year finishes with a Christmas party, complete with Santa and gifts for all
- Birthdays and special celebrations are honoured
- Numbers vary, averaging about 20 -25 participants each week.
- Club members assist in the planning of our programs, on the Food rosters and activities
- Volunteers help on the catering roster, assist with transport from time to time, or “meeting and greeting” in the hall to welcome all, introduce new folk, keep the urn boiling and the biscuit basket full!
10.30am to 2pm every Friday for 10-11 months of the year
St Andrew’s Hall 35 Lyons Street Rye
How do we become involved?
Just DROP IN to say “Hello” however, it is a good idea to contact the Parish Office Phone 0488 331545 to make sure we will be at home the day you plan to visit.
Join us for the Men’s Breakfast where we have guest speakers on topical issues as well as great conversation!
8.30am on the fourth Saturday of the month
Rye Hotel, Point Nepean Road, Rye